Earth statue of Mars 
Patron God of
Tauron (as Ares)
Mars (Ares) is one of the Lords of Kobol in the
Battlestar Galactica universe. In the Ancient Roman religion, he is the God of War.
Lord of Kobol
Mars is one of the gods of war. He is the patron god of Tauron, also known by the name, Ares. He is worshipped in temples which bear his name. ("Pilot") Mars Day is a Colonial holiday devoted to him. ("Battlestar Galactica: Occupation")
Mars is the most important god in Sam Adama's home. Sam's husband, Larry, says that the Mars idol at their home is three times the size of the others because he married a "tough guy". ("Reins of a Waterfall")
Ancient Roman Religion
Mars was the Roman God of War, second only to Jupiter in the Roman pantheon. Although most of the stories involving the god were borrowed from Ares, the Greek God of War, Mars nevertheless had some features which were uniquely Roman. Considered more level-headed than the often impulsive and disruptive Ares, Mars was also seen as a more virtuous figure by the more martial-oriented Romans. As a protector of Rome and the Roman way of life, and as a defender of city borders and frontiers, important festivals connected to warfare were held in his honour. The month of Martius (March) was named after Mars.
- Sam Adama's patron god
- Larry (Sam's husband)
- Patron God of Tauron, also known by the name of Ares
- Mars Day ("Battlestar Galactica: Occupation")
- Photo: Statue of Mars from the Forum of Nerva, marble, second century AD. Based on an Augustan-era original that in turn used a Hellenistic Greek model of the fourth century BC. Musei Capitolini, Rome, Italy. Jean-Pol GRANDMONT • CC BY 3.0.
- Mandel, Geoffrey. "The Twelve Colonies of Kobol" map. Technical Advisors Jane Espenson and Kevin R. Grazier, special thanks to Bob Harris, author of "Beyond Caprica: A Visitors Guide to the Twelve Colonies", Quantum Mechanix, 2010.
- Mars at the Ancient History Encyclopedia. Retrieved on October 19, 2017, edited.